Our mission is to improve health—meaning moral, social, psychological and physical balance—for children, adolescents and mothers in Québec, working together with our partners in the health care system and those in the academic and research communities.
CHU Sainte-Justine fully recognizes the importance of assuming each of its six mandates arising from its academic mission:
- To provide specialized and highly specialized care
- To conduct basic and clinical research in maternal and pediatric health
- To provide training to future health care professionals and network stakeholders
- To promote health
- To assess health technology and medical treatment interventions
- To provide rehabilitation, adaptation and social integration services for children and adolescents with motor or language disabilities.
A university hospital network that integrates the highest level of care and services, as well as teaching and research for mothers and children in Québec.
To achieve our vision, we need to:
- Provide the most technically and scientifically advanced care, prevention and rehabilitation services
- Continually generate new knowledge, ensure its prompt transfer to clinical teams and assess its impact
- Establish national and international partnerships, thereby helping us remain at the forefront of health care and ensure best practices
- Step up our teaching and research efforts in quality pediatric medicine, perinatal care, rehabilitation and health promotion, in collaboration with Université de Montréal and major research centres
- Provide children, families and health care teams with everything needed for a stable healthy environment.
To fulfil its mission, CHU Sainte-Justine relies on a large number of individuals working in several areas of activity, representing a wide variety of disciplines, training and social backgrounds.
This multiplicity of stakeholders is united by its fundamental endorsement of a set of values that represents the institution’s identity.
Commitment to mothers and children
Everyone at CHU Sainte-Justine plays an active role in fulfilling the establishment’s mission and goals, enhancing their skills and using their talent to benefit the organization. CHU Sainte-Justine acknowledges initiative and promotes competency development as well as the personal development of all individuals in their own realm of expertise.
The pursuit of excellence
Our commitment to excellence is reflected in the individual and organizational intent to pursue one’s work in an outstanding and consistent manner in all areas, namely through innovative and creative teamwork.
Respect for the individual
CHU Sainte-Justine’s respect for children, adolescents, mothers, families and people in general is reflected through the actions, attitudes, words and behaviours of its stakeholders, be they employees, physicians, administrators, suppliers, volunteers or partners. It is not only lived out in terms of its users but among staff members as well.
Internal and external collaboration are paramount to fulfilling CHU Sainte-Justine’s mission, and it must be diligent and efficient. Collaboration is generally understood to involve everyone’s efforts to achieve a common goal. Every individual contributes to the team and is recognized as a full member.